Thursday, July 14, 2011

Happy baby

Yesterday afternoon Jonathan and I had about an hour of fun play time full of smiles. He was so content and his learning wheels were turning! This is what happens when he gets a GREAT nap in the middle of the day. I can tell such a difference in his demeanor when he has had good sleep--revolutionary, huh? I started reading this book "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" and already have picked up some tips from it. I have trouble reading books like this in general, because all of them say something different, but I am ok picking and choosing which advice I want to take :)

On with the smiles!!!  (Oh and by the way, he slept fantastically last night, and I awoke to another smile greeting this morning... oh how I love this life!!!!)

We started off hanging out on the boppy on his play mat. 







Oh those bright eyes! I could just eat them up!!! 




Then we decided, What the heck, let's just try the bumbo and see how it goes...

Haha--you can see how it went
 So then to continue to improve our head and neck coordination, we went for some tummy time... which turned into some pretty cute time.
I heart this profile :) :) :)


Eager face--classic Jonathan

Oh I just want to reach out and grab that toy!!!!
Fun times at the Buck house! Today we are hoping for a day like yesterday with good naps and good play times.

Tomorrow we leave for our first "family vacation" as we head up to Wyoming for Jon to compete in a regional chess tournament. We will keep you posted how the trip goes and how the tournament turns out! Don't worry I will prepare some posts in advance incase I don't have internet at the hotel :)

2 comments:

  1. Hee hee!!! What a happy post :) Lovin' all those smiles, and I'm so relieved for you that Jonathan decided to sleep last night! Yippee!

    Have fun this weekend!

    PS: I turned on the TV this morning while I was eating breakfast and guess what was on? "My Best Friend's Wedding." I know. Satellite is a dangerous thing to have when you've got stuff to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nena Says,

    As I was scrolling through today's pictures I kept thinking I could just gobble him up and then I saw that you wrote the same thing! Are we related?

    So SWEET!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete