I wanted to feature this amazing gift that Theresa Ciccarelli--one of the flower girls in our wedding and the daughter of my dad's high school friend--painted for Jonathan's nursery. Theresa is so sooo talented and is only in middle school! We received this painting in the mail and fell in love with it. We are so honored to have our very own Theresa Ciccarelli original. Jonathan will love having it in his room!
Thank you Theresa!!
And the other title of this post of course refers to how big this child is getting. Yesterday at my 6 week follow up at the birthing center we put him on the baby scale just to see... and he is now over 10 lbs. That means he gained ANOTHER 1.5 lbs in the past 2 weeks. He has now gained about 50% of his birth weight. I cannot believe he is over 10lbs. You can totally tell--he is so much chubbier than at birth and is getting looong. Oh and my back will attest to the weight gain--he is getting hard to carry around for long periods! And the growing has only begun...
Here he is sitting on Daddy's lap. Seriously he will sit for like 30 minutes on Jon's lap and just study his face. It is so cute. He is in love with his Daddy. And again, I am so bad at combing through the pics so you get them all :)
 |
| Arms up as usual |
 |
| Yipppeeeee I LOOVE getting my picture taken!!!!! |
 |
| Smiles for Daddy |
 |
| I don't know what these next couple facial expressions mean... but I love them |
 |
| Yes that is the carseat in the middle of our living room floor. We had to bring it inside because we had to yet again adjust the straps. I think they are in the highest setting now. He is going to grow out of his carseat before he is supposed to. We cannot afford this child. |
 |
| Trying to tickle his lips to get a smile |
Right now Jonathan is in his second nap of the day. He's been sleeping for a while now. We did not sleep much last night. I don't know what the deal is. He is always such a champ at eating and then going right back to sleep at night but no sir not last night. So I'm letting him sleep now to make up for some of it and so I don't have a fussy-can't-fall-asleep-or-be-happy baby the rest of the afternoon. He even cried a few times during this nap and then put himself back to sleep. Thanks bud for perfecting that skill during the DAY! Let's go for exercising our self-soothing techniques at 3am, eh?
wow!! i can't believe he's already 10lbs!! way to go mama :-) that painting is awesome. and jonathan is adorable!
ReplyDeleteOh, you made my day again.
ReplyDeleteTwas a long day and I'm tired and grumpy and tired, so I check out the Buck blog, and once again I am instantly happy just by looking at this kid!
Love those faces, all ten pounds of cheeks...
Love that picture from Theresa--she is such an amazing artist.
Thanks for the smiles. I think now I can get another hour of work done;)
kisses from aiken,
Professor Grammy
Man, I can't get over how much he changes EVERY day and how grown up he looks. (Not to mention adorable!) I love you both!
ReplyDelete