When Jonathan was 17 days old (forever ago!!) our good friend Jackie came over to do a newborn photo shoot. Jackie is a very talented professional photographer and this shoot was her "Welcome Jonathan" gift to us. It was a great day of fun as we watched our little guy soak up the attention. He stayed awake for 4 hours straight (which would be impressive for him even now) without crying, did not pee or poop on us once despite being naked the whole time, and was such a great sport about us putting him in all these different positions. Jackie loved that he had so much personality even at such a young age, and it shows in these pictures.
Jackie shot all of the pictures in our home, both in his nursery and in our bedroom in the bassinet. It was so fun to see her get inspired by our simple dwelling and produce such sweet, special pictures from our home setting. Thanks Jackie for this wonderful gift!
Here are a selection--I know it seems like a ton of photos but believe me I could have chosen so many more!
Can you believe this skinny little guy???
We were TRYING to get Jonathan to go to sleep so we could get some cute snuggly sleeping pics... but noooo.... Jackie captured the moment that Jonathan actually turned his head to look for the picture taking lady
This picture captures the beautifulness of our boy surrounded by the love of this bassinet.
Well, I guess we weren't happy the WHOLE photo shoot! :)
This quilt was made by Granmuddy (Jon's grandma)
All I wanted from this day was one of those cute curled up sleeping baby pictures. Well I already told you about the sleep situation. But the curled up thing was a bit of a challenge too... He kept kicking his legs out! Still pretty cute though. I love that bony butt.
So there you have it--our son's first professional photo shoot.
Right now I am sitting in our hotel room in Wyoming while baby boy sleeps in his pack n play next to me. The realization of what it means to bring a 6 week old to a hotel is sinking in! Ha! This will be a nice quiet, darkly-lit weekend for me, while Jon is playing in the chess tournament. Looking forward to some napping, reading, and watching Food Network with the volume turned way down. Jonathan did great in the car ride up here. We'll keep you posted how the weekend goes!























Lea,
ReplyDeleteThese pictures are beautiful. Look how little he was! I hope you get some naps today...
Love you,
Mom
I LOVE every one of those pictures!!! He is so precious.
ReplyDelete