
Physical
The girl is growing. She chubbed out early in her newborn days and has remained a roly-poly ball of deliciousness ever since. At her 2 month check-up, she was almost 12 lb, so I'd put her around 13lb these days. She wears 3-6 or 6 month clothes and size 2 diapers (we still haven't switched her to cloth--eeek!)

Eating
See above paragraph if you want to know whether she is a good eater. The short answer is YES. I don't even know how many feedings she has per day or how long she nurses per side or any of that stuff... I just know she eats when she is hungry and stops when she is full. She now can more consistently nurse on both sides during a feeding (her spit up was so bad earlier on that I would stop her at one side or else she would puke up the whole second side anyway).

Little love has a sensitivity to dairy in my milk, so it's been no ice cream for me for a few months now. It seemed like she was just more spitty when I had dairy, but then I had some cookies with a butter topping a few days in a row and the poor girl got bloody stools in addition to the major pukes. So, I will continue to cut out dairy for the next several months, and see how she does if I add it back around 6 months. She is a trooper.

Sleep
Grace rocks at going to sleep. I can lay her down, swaddled up, just about anywhere and she will fall asleep if she is tired. We've put her down at a Christmas party, during Thanksgiving at a friend's house, and during several dinners at friend's houses. What she doesn't quite rock at is staying asleep, but that is another matter. She does 3-5 naps per day, ranging from 30 min to 2 hours. She gets tired after about 1.5 hours of being awake. We are trying to get some bedtime routine down, but sometimes her bedtime is around 5, and sometimes it's 8.

Development
Last week we had two days where she was smiling all the time. Now, she is back to being more stingy with her smiles (probably has a lot to do with her cold). She is talking all the time though, and will sometimes mimic our sounds back to us. She has pretty good balance and can sit up just holding onto our hands for indefinite periods of time. No hints of crawling yet (thank goodness) and rolling is a rare occurrence. She starting to reach for things she sees. She can follow anybody or anything around the room with her eyes. She also is starting to like books and will sit on our lap long enough to read a few.
Personality
Sweet. Chill. Adorable. Eager. Happy.
Sibling stuff
Life is tricky for a baby when there is a factor called: older brother. See above reference to inconsistent bedtime, usually caused by that older bro factor. But mostly, these two kids are crazy about each other. Jonathan will play peekaboo with her from behind the couch while she's nursing. While he hides, she is looking for him with wide eyes; then when he pops up, she gets so excited. Yes, this is while she is nursing. Fun for mommy :). Jonathan is so sweet with her--showing her toys, teaching her things, talking to her all the time. I often overhear them while I'm in the kitchen or something: "Grace, it's nice to meet you. How are you doing today? What do you think Mommy is doing, Grace? Grace, this is a truck. Do you know what a lion says, Grace? Ooooh Gracie Gracie girlie girlie goo oooh Gracie Gracie!"

Mommy
I'd say the transition to two kids has been pretty smooth. I feel like I fell in love with Jonathan all over as I fall in love with this girl. It is the best thing ever to feel like love is exploding out of every part of you :). I go back to work on Monday. While I know it will be easier this time than with Jonathan, it definitely won't be easy. I will miss her so much. She's my girl. Grace, you have made me so happy in the past 3 months of knowing you in person. You are a delight to me. I don't even have the words to tell you how much I love having you as my daughter. You are the sweetest.



Oh, my goodness, you made me cry.
ReplyDeleteI love you all!
Grammy
They are absolutely precious!
ReplyDelete