Wednesday, April 4, 2012
midweek confessions
- After breakfast this morning I just swept all the Cheerios on the floor into a little pile under the table. I will have to do the same thing at lunch, and I didn't feel like bending over twice to pick it up. I confess that it will probably actually stay there until dinner. Or possibly breakfast time tomorrow.
- I confess I have been a slack reader this year. I was off to a good start, but now I'm already behind in our Top 100 sister's book club. Jon is totally pounding me in the book count so far. That's probably the biggest motivator for me--beating my husband. Ha!
- Yesterday J fell and hit his head but I was on the phone with Pryor so Jon was trying to comfort him but he kept screaming until I got off the phone and picked him up and then he stopped immediately. I confess my surge of mommy pride at this moment.
- We won a two-hour session with a Professional Organizer Lady at a YoungLife silent auction. I confess my hesitancy to bring her into my home because I fear her criticism. I want her to come in and say "Wow this is the greatest home I have ever been paid to come in! You don't need me! You are doing everything right!!!! I want to pay you for all the great work you are doing!!! Can I take photos of your house for our promotional brochure??!!!??" This is a total fantasy because I've never organized a day in my life. But my people pleaser alarms are GOING OFF IN A MAJOR WAY!
- Since starting to watch Shark Tank I view every product as a potential investment opportunity and just in general have started to think like a Shark. I would be an awful shark though. I would give money to anyone with a good story.
- Since starting to read Cup of Jo last week, I have had strong desires to move to Manhattan.
Ok, that felt good. Any confessions from you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ahhh you are so cute :) These are great!
ReplyDelete1. You need a dog to remedy your cheerio problem.
ReplyDelete2. Let's uproot our families and move to Manhattan to be Sharks. You in?
at least you've only been a slack reader THIS year. i've been a slack reader my whole LIFE. and I agree with E, get a dog. anytime Luke spills something on the floor, I just yell for Enzo!
ReplyDelete