Wednesday, February 8, 2012

midweek confessions


- I confess that usually I think of confessions all throughout the week and then pick the best ones to write. Not today. Nope. I'm just plopping down in front of my computer and you get to read whatever happens to pop in my head. Excited?

- I am thinking about becoming a vegetarian. For health reasons, and also cost reasons, and also environmental reasons, and also a lot more reasons. I guess this is a confession because I am not quite living out the vegetarian thing yet. I know it will take some time. There are things I have to learn. Like that pepperoni and sausage are meat and thus cannot be on the pizza I consume. Oh and that sesame chicken is also meat and I probably need to avoid that too.

- There may be nothing I love more than nursing my son. Oh except nursing my son now that he has six very sharp teeth. Ooopsie was that sarcasm there??

- I confess that I have a love/hate relationship with k-love. I am a Christian and like some Christian music from time to time, but k-love and I don't always get along. I also confess that I listen to NPR more during an election year than any other time. I also confess that when either of these stations does a pledge drive, I listen to the other one.

- See this is what you get when I don't think of confessions in advance.

- I confess that I did not want to mention one single cleaning/messy house/laundry/etc confession but I am too proud that I made it this whole way without mentioning it so I have to mention it!

- Well of course we have to have a Bachelor confession. Y'all, I try to really feel for these poor women who are so vulnerable and unstable while the whole nation gets to see the TV editor's portrayal of their weaknesses. Really, I try. But poor Jamie really just embarrassed herself. Man that poor girl. She was trying so hard. But don't talk about kissing in between kisses. Just kiss the man. Jamie I am sorry but you are part of my confessions this week because I cannot have as much sympathy for you as I'd like to have.

I'll try to think of confessions in advance next week.

9 comments:

  1. i confess that i don't really read the other ppl's confessions from E's blog, but i read yours and i'm convinced they are the funniest. i miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha i love you linds :) can't tell you how happy it makes me when you tell me i'm funny ;)

      Delete
  2. I have the same back-and-forth about becoming vegetarian... though I don't think I'll ever be 100% meat-free. Either way, eating more vegetables and less meat is a good start. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahaha you're hilarious :) I cackle-laughed through the entire Jamie thing when I watched it last night. Awful. It and me.

    Love you! Thanks for your sweet email this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I confess that I'm kind-of upset that you might become a vegetarian. There is no reason for this except for that then I feel like I have to become a vegetarian. Which is wrong and stupid. I have problems.

    Also, I love that you have such a heart for women - even idiots on The Bachelor. And, I love even more that you WATCH The Bachelor - we've come such a long way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am also thinking of becoming a vegetarian... but then I think of juicy cheeseburgers and I reconsider!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been a veggie since last April. It's seriously great and so much cheaper! Mark doesn't even eat meat at home anymore although I tell him I will cook it for him. If you decide to do it there are a bunch of recipes on my blog and I can give you a bunch of references to cookbooks I love .. and then there's your sis-in-law ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Lea, have i told you lately that i love you. Seriously LOVE you. You are just too awesome and i am laughing all the time at your honest responses!! Please hug my little valentine....and then an extra long hug for my BIG valentine present. WANT to see you guys soon......all my love, Bebe

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree 100% with the KLove comment! There is another local Christian station here that I listen to occassionally, but I listen to them more when KLove has a pledge drive. Haha!

    ReplyDelete