Monday, October 31, 2011

happy halloween

Here's a blast from the past for you...

Yep, that's me. 1984. I was just a few days shy of 5 months old. 

Now fast forward 27 years...

Here's our reenactment today. Jonathan just turned 5 months old yesterday. 


But you didn't think we could go the whole day with only ONE picture of this little pumpkin did you???....

We enjoyed a nice lunch at a diner down the street. Jonathan dined on Daddy's arm.

Poor Daddy covered in slobber. The guilty culprit is trying to look innocent. Don't let his sweet pumpkin costume fool you. 

Couch potato
err... I mean couch pumpkin

Close up

Posing with the chubby cheeks face.
Hope you had a fun Halloween! 

7 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Gosh. I am having the most stressful day and I just decided to check and see if my favorite blog has a new post and YES! YES IT DOES! I love him. I want to kiss his little pumpkin cheeks until they are as slobbery as his daddy's arm after little J's been sucking on it. Lea, he is PERFECT. I also don't know how I didn't realize before how close your birthdays are to each other...can't wait to do some more holiday comparisons in the near future!!! In person in less than a month!!!!!!!!!

    Kisses over the Internet from Aunt Kate since she'd probably kill you with her germs if they were real kisses right now: xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful pumpkin--just like his Mommy. I love how you posed him the same way with Jon that Daddy held you. These pictures are awesome!
    Kisses from Grammy!
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxOO

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS: When I showed these pictures to a girl in my class, she asked me if loving my nephew was "a different kind of love." She's so right. It's just different :)

    Love you guys and can't wait to see you so very soon! Will Jonathan be dressed like a turkey? Or a pilgrim or an indian? hee

    ReplyDelete
  4. LEA!!!!!!!!!
    Flash back city! I am so happy today after seeing jonathan in costume. I think time has improved the hat and boots. Do you remember wwhat you were for Halloween every year? Was it you, Kate or both of you that liked to be the same thing every year?
    Love,
    Aunt Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. PRECIOUS! And, I can't believe how much Jonathan looks like you. I love him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i don't know why i am just now getting to this but boy am i glad i didn't let it go by another day!!! PRECIOUS PUMPKINS!!!....BOTH of you!! I love the "re-do". Jon makes a great proud dad like Mike!! Cannot wait to see him at Christmas!! love him, love you, love Jon !! Thanks for doing this!!! Hugs...Bebe

    ReplyDelete
  7. he sure was one sweet little pumpkin - just like his mommy was! those pictures are totally amazing! and guess what??? i'm going to get to meet that baby boy at thanksgiving. i'm flying home to new york the day before! i'm so excited i could just yelp. see ya'll soon!

    ReplyDelete