Saturday, July 30, 2011

2 months old!



Dear LoveBug,
I know I can't call you lovebug when you are 13 so I have to get it in a lot now.

This has been the best 2 months. I am so glad I get to be your mom. You have learned and grown so much in these past weeks, and I can say the same about myself too.

You learned to smile. Real smiles! And you laugh a little bit too. You are interacting more with Daddy and me. You still love laying on your playmat and looking at all the shapes and colors. Sometimes I feel like I don't want to leave you alone on it because you will get sad, but actually it seems that you sometimes prefer to hang out by yourself to take it all in.

Daddy and I have been talking a lot lately about how much fun we have with you, and how much fun there still is to come. Every day we can't wait to see what you will do. We can't wait to watch you learn to sit up, learn to play with toys, say your first word, cut your first tooth, start eating solid foods, learn to crawl. You are such a joy to us. We love nothing more than being your parents and getting to experience life with you.

I am so so proud of who you are, and who I can see you becoming. 

Love love love to you on your 2 month birthday, 
From your oh-so-proud Mommy



Here are some video clips of our boy these past few weeks.

This first one is when he was about 7 weeks old, just hanging out on his changing table being cute

These next 2 were taken yesterday. The first is some tummy time. He was a little annoyed by my efforts to make him hold his head up.

This is a typical time for Jonathan on his playmat these days. Lots of talking and smiling. (This one's kind of long--might be one only the grandmas can sit through!)

2 comments:

  1. Hello Dears,
    This grammy watched the videos multiple times. He is a doll. I want to kiss his cheeks!
    Mom
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. DITTO, Gram!!! It couldn't be "too long" for me...we will just hit repeat....i can't get enough of him!!! So very precious......keep them coming!! love to all.....Bebe

    ReplyDelete