Jon finished his last seminary paper (yipee!!!!) so he had the computer occupied most of the week.
Friday, July 29, 2011
A lot to catch up on this week!
Jon finished his last seminary paper (yipee!!!!) so he had the computer occupied most of the week.
We went for Jonathan's two month check-up on Tuesday. He did great. He is so much more interactive and adaptable now--and that's saying a lot considering he was pretty adaptable before. He didn't cry at all while Ken examined him, whereas usually he screams at the top of his lungs. I get so wound up when I go into the office because there are so many people to see and who want to see Jonathan. Haha, Jon usually has to take the reigns with the actual check-up because I am like flying off in 100 different directions. We discussed the red poop situation with Ken and concluded all together that it must just be a chemical change in color because of the cloth diapers--I had borrowed some poop tests from work to determine that there is NOT actual blood in there, so that's a relief.
Baby's stats: He now weighs 11lb 3oz--up to 50th percentile! I forget his length but it was 1 inch longer than last time and is still about the 70th percentile. His head was 50th too I think. I am bad at remembering this stuff.
He had to get his shots :(. Never will I be unsympathetic towards a mom when she has to watch her baby get shots. He actually did really well when he got them, but later that afternoon he woke up from his nap definitely in pain. Poor thing. I have never really seen him in pain before besides like from gas or something. We gave him his first dose of Tylenol. He loved it and it zonked him out for a few hours.
We have had so much fun with him this week. Getting lots of smiles and "talking" to each other. He is getting better and better about holding his head up during tummy time. Still loves those baths so we make sure we take a lot of them. We even took his first bath without the newborn sling. He loved actually getting to sit in the water!
He has been soothed by me singing to him a lot this week, especially "You Are My Sunshine." He has discovered his hands and will study them, often going cross-eyed as he brings them close to his face. He is able to get them in his mouth and attempts to suck but they don't often stay in his mouth for long. We can now take him for walks or drives and I don't really worry about him screaming the whole time--he seems to adapt better to the carseat. He is just so alert and bright-eyed and learning all the time and wiggly and fun. I love his little size right now. He just fits perfectly in my arms or on my lap. He is the best.
Jon finished his last seminary paper (yipee!!!!) so he had the computer occupied most of the week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
OK. WHO is that boy in the bouncy chair? When I left Colorado he was a little peanut in the chair and now he sits up and fills it?
ReplyDeleteLove the picture in the tub. He looks so happy.
Glad Jon finished his paper! Now is he ALL done?
Miss you guys! Can't wait for the visit!!
Love and hugs,
Mom