Thursday, June 23, 2011

24 days

Maybe I should try to be more creative with my post titles. Maybe. Maybe in July when it is not so easy to think about how old he is in days.

I want to be better about documenting "firsts" because things go by so quickly that I forget them. I can think of 2 things for today and I know there was something else I was thinking this morning that I have already forgotten... AND, I need to keep track of these things because as soon as there is a first, then it becomes normal activity for him and I forget there was ever a time he didn't do it. Like the first time he coo'ed we freaked out but now he lays on his play mat and coos like a chicken (that really isn't the correct analogy but it just flowed from my fingers). So before I forget the other two..

This morning when we were nursing Jonathan looked up and made eye contact with me. He has never done that before. He makes eye contact all the time, but when we are nursing his eyes are more level with the milk producers. But today he actually looked up, and when I talked to him he stayed looking at me. Sigh... nursing is one of my most favorite things...

Jonathan rolled over twice today. No I am not kidding. I put him on his tummy and he rolled onto his back. And no, I did not catch either one on video. I would try to catch it now, but I want to wait until Jon comes home to try for another roll. Maybe we will catch that one on tape. Right now Jon's car is not starting and he is trying to get home from school... So I may get a call any minute to pack up the baby and go get him! {update: at the actual time of this posting, Jon is home and Jonathan did another roll over for daddy! Failed to catch it on tape though... maybe tomorrow}

So those two things I know were firsts for today. I cannot remember the other thing I was thinking of. I will say that I think our growth spurt is possibly coming to an end. The peak fussy days were Sunday and Monday I think (Betsy you might remember better) and today we are back into some rhythm. The kid has wanted to eat a lot today that's for sure, but it's been less ravenous!

His favorite thing to look at on his play mat used to be this mirror with a blue polka dot border. The mirror still gets a lot of mileage, but the new favorites are the black and white polka dots on the bottom of this bug toy's feet. He is crazy about these things! That is what he is looking at (quite intently) in these pictures... Betsy said this morning that she thought he was about to start counting the dots ha!












2 comments:

  1. OK, this is amazing!!!......and it makes me cry all at the same time!! Lea, i declare---i think you must have fertilizer in your milk!! I can't believe how he has changed SINCE YESTERDAY!!! Oh, i just love that boy!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for posting this every day. It means so much to this Carolina family. I love to hear about his new "firsts"---i hope i even recognize him at the wedding.....no SCRATCH THAT!! I will so know him bc he has captured my heart. Thank you for being the mother he needs!!---amazing!! I love you all.....Bebe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lea,

    These blogs are awesome. Makes me feel closer to the action. Can't wait to meet my grandson.

    Love to you and both my Jonathans,

    Rob

    ReplyDelete