Wednesday, June 22, 2011

23 days

Lots today...

We are pretty sure Jonathan is in the middle of a growth spurt! The past few days we have seen the fussiness, increased hunger, and seriously I think that boy is growing right before our eyes. Doesn't do much for our "schedule," but I am learning to just let go of my need for schedule and am learning how to meet the needs of my boy (whose needs are at the same time so simple and yet so hard to determine!). I don't know how anyone could achieve much routine these first few weeks with trying to learn a newborn's preferences while throwing in a few growth spurts to shake things up!

Here is a cute clip of some major neck muscle strengthening! Please excuse me cracking up in the background... he is just so darn cute!




Some exciting news today is that all Jonathan's lab tests came back normal! Thank goodness! So no more worries about any diet modifications or any problems in the future. Whew!

We had a fun afternoon complete with the whole slew of bodily fluids (besides poop--we had enough of that already). Jon and I used to remark quite often how polite our boy was with his pees--rarely if ever would we get sprayed in the middle of diaper or clothe changes. Well, Jonathan apparently doesn't like the "polite boy" label and has been actively working to correct our opinion. Today he gave a nice spray on the changing table, soaking his clothes. I decided to plop him in the tub, where he gave another nice spray mid-bath. Oh and I forgot to mention the puke on my shirt between the two sprays. I consider myself christened as a mother. 

Here are some pics of my big boy...






3 comments:

  1. Oh man, he's just SO cute! I love you guys!
    E

    ReplyDelete
  2. He holds his head up so good! Thanks for sharing. I know I am missing a lot but this really helps.
    Love you guys!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh I love it!!!! He is so cute trying to look around at stuff, and I CAN'T WAIT to get there!!!! So many !!!!!!! because so much excitement!

    Love you,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete