Saturday, June 1, 2013

the month-long birthday

Jon has been saying that he has never seen a birthday last this long. Which is probably true. Jonathan's birthday party was back on May 11 when we were in SC and we have pretty much been celebrating since then. He knew it was his birthday on Thursday, but has also been waking up the past two mornings saying "It's your Birthday!" Today was another extension of the celebration, which I'm sure just added to his confusion.


First, he discovered his fully assembled tricycle waiting for him in the living room.
It arrived yesterday from Grammy and Poppi.


Then, we went to the train museum. Our present to him was a membership there so we can go back lots more times. 


Riding the train.
Check out that bedhead.


Oh hello Mommy, I'm just standing in the train. 


He liked the yellow train.


A close-up of this pic would reveal his grumpy face from having to pose for a picture. 


And we capped off the day with an evening bike ride. Jonathan loved it. Mommy and Daddy will start loving it when he learns how to pedal and steer. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha of COURSE he liked the yellow train! Gosh I love that kid. Let's celebrate his birthday for a whole month every year, cap it off with yours (and plenty of chocolate chips), and then we can take a few months off before we do the same for Grace. I think that sounds incredibly fun!!

    Love you :)

    ReplyDelete