Friday, June 29, 2012

the rest of the birthday

I figured out why blogging has not been my forte lately--Jon ALWAYS has the computer! Which is great - he's been writing a lot - but makes for some difficulty for ole buck buck goose. 

Here are the rest of the pics from Jonathan's birthday. We had a nice simple cookout in the backyard with a few of our best friends. It was great. Hope you enjoy :) Happy Friday!

Love this one of J and Grammy.

Patiently waiting for the cake. 
Please give me that right there. 

Mommy and Daddy obviously excited about their son's first birthday cake.
Jonathan, not so much.

Well that's not what I thought that would feel like.

Hm. Slimy, yet... satisfying.

The captive audience.

Yep, that seems about right.

I wasn't aware at this point how much cake was actually on his lap.

Happy post-cake family.

I love this series after we cleaned him up. I showed some of these from my phone earlier, but I think these are better...




Oh and we can't forget the highlight of the birthday: the new swingset!

Hey, that's Poppi! He built me this swingset!

Joy.

Grammy and Jonathan. 

On his actual birthday, we opened some more presents.
Opening his new blocks from Mommy and Daddy.

You can tell how he feels about that block. 

Yikes. The aftermath. 

2 comments:

  1. Ok, so many things: 1. I stinking love your captions. 2. Mom and Dad look so good! 3. I love that silly goose. Ha! "goose"! As in "buck buck..."!

    Love you :) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soo I am apparently taking the morning off from working to re-read your blog :) Anyway, I love this post, and I forgot to tell you the first time I read it how pretty you look in all of these pictures! So excited to see you in a month, sista. SO excited.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete