Wednesday, March 28, 2012

midweek confessions

Not sure if there is an official link-up today, but E has got us all trained to air it out on Wednesdays no matter what. My internal calendar might get disrupted if I don't...


- I have a knack for unknowingly clicking a button that changes the language setting on my computer and phone. I don't know how I do it, but I've done it more than once. Right now my google account is unreadable to me because it is in Spanish? Czech? Pig Latin? I can't even tell. I confess that it will stay this way until Jon gets home to fix it.

- I need to do more blog link ups. I need someone else to tell me what to write about. I confess that I am having bloggers block.

- When do I need to get my son some shoes? I'm not talking from a medical standpoint here. I'm talking: when are other moms going to start judging me because my kid is barefoot? How much time do I have left? I confess a strong need to know this answer.

- I love doing Medical Mondays posts, but I confess that I sometimes feel overwhelmed with responsibility. It's both good responsibility (ie, I want to feel the burden of presenting accurate information) and bad responsibility (ie, if I say one wrong thing then a reader's life might be ruined). Silly me.

- There is a wildfire near where I work. It is a big deal, and really scary. Several homes have been burned down, and tons of people have been evacuated from their homes. I need to confess that yesterday I found myself wishing that somehow the fire would not burn down any more homes but would just hang around a few more days to get me out of work.

- I am just today starting to "follow" some of the big blogs. I confess that sometimes I feel like a phoney blogger because I haven't fully entered the blog world in that way. I'm now following A Cup of Jo and Kelly's Korner. What else should I follow?

- On that note, I confess that I cannot follow house design-y blogs because they just make my house look like a dump. I don't want my house to look like a dump; therefore, I cannot follow these blogs. I'm impressed with my logical thought process there.

9 comments:

  1. I found your blog through cup of jo and I think you are adorable! I love the honesty in your writing.
    Following ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hellooooooooooooooo i like your blog. Mi blog is about food, i like cook!!! i follow your blog. I´m Mar from Spain :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahahahaha!! Lea, you are so silly. I just love you! Good confessions today :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's my logic. Babies don't need shoes until they actually need them for walking. Especially now that the weather is getting nicer. Who wants to constantly be checking if they are still on or have fallen off along the way earlier than needed? Not this girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son used to wear shoes until about 4-5 months, when he learned to kick them off. They were totally unnecessary then and are still now. As long as he's not riding his bike barefoot, you're good mama. :)
    PS-I always got excited when hurricanes were headed out way BC we got out of school. There's no shame in hoping for a day off, even if it's due to a natural disaster.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love cute chubby baby feet, so I say why cover them up until necessary. My 7 month old has only worn shoes once, during a photo session.

    ReplyDelete
  7. check out bigmama and boomama. those are some of my favorite "big" blogs...super funny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Addie wears shoes a LOT now, mostly because people have given her adorable ones that actually fit now (mini Adidas, Vans, etc.. I'm waiting not-so-patiently for the mini Keens to fit!). Also we were having major trouble with socks (she's been a kicker since looong before birth, so those puppies didn't stand a chance), and shoes actually stay on and keep socks on. But she's barefoot just as often!

    ReplyDelete