I had some confessions all written out for last week but then forgot to post them. SO I gotta make sure I get my chance to air it out this week!
- First, I confess that I am both excited and embarrassed to be the first to link up. Excited because I feel like I won something. Embarrassed because come on shouldn't I try to play it cool? The cool kids don't sit in the front of the class or raise their hand first.
- I confess that I have been a worrier mama lately. I have been worried about Jonathan's sleep, his weight, his eating. I'm worried I am spoiling him. I worry he isn't learning what he should. I know. It sounds crazy when I type it out, which is helpful. The worrying hasn't been nearly to the level that it was when he was a newborn, thank goodness. But man! I don't want to worry about my little guy. I just want to enjoy him!
- This morning Jonathan was having trouble picking up his banana pieces because they were too slippery. I confess that I shoved them into his mouth for him. Shoved is not an exaggeration here.
- As I've looked back through old blog posts, I have realized that early on in Jonathan's life, I posted several of virtually the same picture in a single post. I confess that I thought each one was different. But they are really not. I apologize to all of you who had to look at 10 pictures of the same thing.
- I don't do dry cleaning. I put my dry-clean-only clothes in the wash with everything else. As I close the lid, I say to them, "If you get ruined, you will go into the trash." Somehow, the threats work and I've had very good success.
- Jon and I are reading through the New Testament during Lent. We are using a reading plan that we found on the YouVersion app on our iPhones. I could just use the plan on the phone, but do my actual reading on a real Bible. But YouVersion gives you badges when you complete days. I confess that I am a sucker for badges.
- I confess that I was highly anticipating the "Women Tell All" episode of the Bachelor. This was stupid. That episode is always so unfulfilling. I knew it would be. After it ended, we just sat silently staring at the TV, realizing, yet again, that we had wasted 2 hours of our lives, and realizing, yet again, that we are fully prepared to do so again next week.

I think it is only natural to worry about your kids! As I'm realizing J is becoming a toddler I have a whole new set of worries than when he was a newborn. I think it's just never ending :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Wednesday!
Lea I don't know if it's because you left a comment on my blog saying you had a dream we met in real life, but I had that dream last night. Ugh, except it was so weird. You and your husband moved like to our town (which was not our town though?) and we were at someone's house who like literally thought they were a wolf?, and we were drinking tea until we realized there were tiny little bat rays swimming in it? I woke up with a headache and was like what seriously just happened? Weird.
ReplyDeleteEXCELLENT confessions my friend. :) LOVE the part about threatening your dry-clean-only clothes. I'm probably going to have try that. And, you KNOW how happy it makes me to see you giving The Bachelor two hours of your life each week. Me too. I already know who is going to win because - I confess - I cheated and looked on Reality Steve - but I'm already thinking about next week's finale.
ReplyDeleteHope you had a good week with Kate. I'll call you soon!