Wednesday, January 18, 2012

midweek confessions

Well now that I confessed to the world that I sometimes have trouble thinking of confessions, God has answered my prayer and now I am rolling in them...


- One morning last week Jonathan hurled all over my clothes before work. I washed the shirts, but the pants are dry clean only. So I let them dry overnight and wore them the next day. Perks of working in a Pediatric office: EVERYONE smells like puke. It's almost weirder if you don't.

- I already confessed last week about the nose picking worry. There are lots of other things that I am not sure as parents how we are going to set a good example to Jonathan. Some of these things are: making him eat his veggies, not getting a treat from the candy rack at the checkout counter, not saying swear words just because they are fun to say.

- I have not worn an actual bra in 7.5 months. I am addicted to nursing tank tops.

- I am lazy. About a lot of things. I wish I weren't. Let me tell you the things I am not lazy about because that list is way shorter: cleaning up my house one hour before visitors arrive; jumping up and down when the Broncos or Clemson win their games; going to the store to buy brownie mix because I am in the mood (while failing to pick up something for dinner because I am not in the mood to think about that).

- Jonathan has started saying "mamamamaaamaa" a lot in the past 48 hours. I deep down inside know that he doesn't understand what he's saying, but deeper down inside I actually think he does :) :) :)

8 comments:

  1. love reading the mid-week confessions. i need to get on that. i slack on posting in general though so i doubt itll happen. im riding the tebow train here in california, even through that huge loss!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brownie mix is an important staple...way more important that pesky dinner!!

    enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that you buy treats from the candy aisle at the grocery store. i hate grocery shopping so i feel like when I do it I deserve a treat. =) When I see parents tell their kids "no" that they can't have something delicious I find myself thinking "I'm so glad i'm an adult now and don't have a parent telling me no". Maybe I should work on this before my kids want to do the same thing. =) Hope you are well - I will probably give you a call this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE when you write these posts! You are so funny :)

    PS: Watching the Bachelor right now, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My 6 month old is saying mamamamama too but she also says dadadada and I secretly hope that she knows what mamamama means but doesn't know what dadada means. What is wrong with us?? Why must we be "loved more" like this? I don't mean it I don't meant it I don't mean it...

    Your confessions really hit close to home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this. And, I'm totally jealous that you can wear a nursing tank top instead of a bra. You don't even what to THINK about what I would look like if I didn't have on a bra today! :)

    Here's to smelling like puke and saying cuss words sometimes cause it is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So good to hear from you! Your son is so cute!!! I'm loving being able to keep up with new mamas and our ridiculousness. Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your puke comment made me laugh. I work in a middle school, so I'm pretty sure I could get away with smelling like BO and french fries. Heres to no more laundry day!

    ReplyDelete