We truly had a wonderful trip. It was everything I had hoped it would be. I cannot even count all the people we got to see. I feel like both of our families got to spend good time with Jonathan.
Jonathan is a different baby now. It is amazing how much he has changed in two weeks. He learned so much and we learned a lot about him!
The last part of our trip was full of wedding-related festivities, making for a blogging challenge. I also took ZERO pics that weekend so I will be counting on others for their pictures! The whole wedding weekend was great, though. Lots of good family time. We had some challenges, for sure, with juggling Jonathan's nap and feeding schedule with all of the events we had to attend. Thank goodness I brought my pump!
Jon did an outstanding job officiating the ceremony. So many people complimented him on his message, on his confidence, on his thoughtfulness in preparing. I got to walk my little ringbearer down the aisle and he truly stole the show with his adorableness. What a lucky girl I am to have two amazing boys!
Well, we THOUGHT we would be flying home on Tuesday afternoon, but our flight got delayed and would cause us to miss our connection and there were no seats on any other flights to Denver that night. SO, rather than risk getting shuttled around to different airports all day in an attempt to get home, we moved our flight to Wednesday morning and had one more night in Columbia. The grandparents didn't mind that one bit.
Jonathan, again, was great with the traveling. He slept the whole first flight. On the second flight he and I read through the in-flight magazine. He was mesmerized by its photos, while I was mesmerized by the fact that an entire magazine could be about nothing. Afterwards, he had a nice long feeding and another long nap. What a champ!
We got home yesterday (Wednesday) around lunch time. We got Jonathan a nap, and then decided to go to IKEA. We figured, we were all off our normal schedules anyway, so might as well finish out the day strong. Now we get to have a couple days of absolutely nothing.
Baby J celebrated being home by spending some time in his Bumbo chair. Later I am going to put together his new highchair from IKEA so that he can hang out in the kitchen with me while I cook and clean today!
I'll be posting some more reflections about what I learned from our trip later. And hopefully I'll get my hands on some wedding pictures to post...
Until then, I'll leave you with these.
| Bumbo baby. He liked that he could see his feet. |
No comments:
Post a Comment