My friend Elizabeth recently did "A Day in the Life" post about her 9-week old. I thought that was a great idea so I will try to do one of those posts soon. This one will be more of "A Week in the Life"...
I did some major bargain shopping to get our winter wardrobe more complete. I realized that I love when Jonathan wears stripes, so these new pj's were a definite fave. We stocked up on sweaters, jackets, and some blue jeans! I did all my shopping at Once Upon A Child and an elementary school clothing sale--I found some great deals on great stuff!
We tried out the jumparoo for the first time this week. This picture is from our second attempt. The first attempt ended abruptly after a face-plant into the tray... He hasn't quite figured out the jumping part yet, but he does like sitting upright and swinging around a little.
Yesterday afternoon Jonathan helped daddy win a chess game against a friend.
After the game, I took Jonathan for a walk to the library where we bought some more used books. He had a good time chatting up the library lady.
Last night Jonathan enjoyed some naked baby time after his bath.
Jonathan's new favorite thing is looking at himself in the mirror! You can tell he enjoys his reflection :)
What a great end to our week!!!! Here are my boys watching Clemson BEAT Auburn this afternoon. We did NOT see this one coming! Jonathan was very into the game as you can see.
In other news this week, my work schedule got shifted around a bit so it turns out I get a four day weekend and a really easy week next week! Woohoo! And it comes at a perfect time because we have been doing some sleep training so it's nice to know I don't have many early mornings after potentially sleepless nights. The sleep training has actually been going really well, though. Jonathan had gotten into a habit of waking frequently and only going back to sleep after nursing--which is the complete opposite of him during the day, so we knew he didn't need to nurse every time he woke up. We've had a couple cry-it-out sessions that thankfully have been infrequent and not terribly long lasting. Little guy is already doing well with changing his sleep habits! This sleep training is probably more for mom and dad than for him :)
I've got some more pictures to post but I will save them for another post!
So Beautiful, so precious, so sweet!
ReplyDeleteI have been checking to see the new pics, Thanks!!!!!
Love, Nena