Baby J is 3 months old! It really is true that I love him more and more everyday. This little guy just lights up our lives on a daily basis.
We have been amazed that in the past week of being in Columbia he has changed so much! Here is the latest about our buddy:
--PTL (Praise The Lord--using that abbreviation in honor of being in the South) little man has rolled over again! It wasn't just a one day event! We were at Gram and Poppi's doing some playmat time and he rolled not once but twice--and both to the right and the left!
--I was worried that he moved his left arm more than his right... I am not worried anymore.
 |
| Thanks, Gram, for my new hat! |
--I was worried that he only turned his head to the right... I am not worried anymore. And he is so good now at turning towards sounds!
--There is no doubt that baby's vocal cord are working! He is such a chatter box! Just about everyone in the Buck/Lanni clan has had an extended conversation with Jonathan. He likes to tell stories.
--His hands are constantly in his mouth. Constantly. I woke up at midnight last night to a loud slurping sound that went on for about 45 minutes before I got up and fed him so the slurping would stop.
--The drooling stage is here.
--He smiles at EVERYONE now. Seriously in the past week his smiles have picked up so much. We used to get one here and there and only for Jon or me. Now even when he is crying, he will see one of our faces and force a smile in between the sobs. Oh he is precious.
 |
| Serious face here...but I promise he is smiling a lot now! |
--He has started to giggle! Oh it is music to my ears! Of course it was Gram and Aunt Kate who first made the magic happen. He especially giggles when Gram plays Pat-A-Cake with him. I also heard him giggle to himself as he fell asleep last night.
--He still LOVES books and Bebe bought us some new ones that I am sure will become favorites. He especially loves
I Love You Through and Through.
 |
| I love how intent both Jonathan and Pop are in this picture. |
--I know I say this with every update, but we are still so amazed at how adaptable Jonathan is. We have been away from home for 1 week and he continues to adjust to varying schedules, sleeping in new places, meeting new people. I am SO impressed with and THANKFUL for this boy! (But I also know it will be nice when we are finally home and can establish some routine again! I know that is better for him!)
--Jonathan is getting so big! We unofficially weighed him at at least 12 lbs (unofficially because it was just on our non-precise scale at home). And he is sooo long!
OH my gosh he is wonderful. I'm so glad you emailed me to tell me to look for this post because my stupid Google Reader didn't pick up on it for some reason! My morning would have been so different!
ReplyDeleteLove you!
I am so happy to read about all the wonderous, new events your boy has been up to lately! He is so precious and beautiful. I swear he is more handsome each time I see him. And now being able to roll onto both sides Yippee! How the views will change. You say he has his fists in his mouth just wait for him to try to get his feet in there! Love you XO Nena
ReplyDelete