Saturday, August 13, 2011

Grumpy baby

Jonathan has had a day or two of the grumps. And by the grumps, I mean he is not his usual easy-going happy self every second of the day. The poor kid has set some high expectations for himself... and whenever he now has a grumpy day, or hour, his dad and I make sure to tease him about it.

hey grump face

Seriously, though, poor little guy really has not had the best sleep lately. He was in this phase for a while of getting a really long stretch at night followed by lots of little stretches, but now he won't really do the long stretch. Hopefully, this is just another phase that we are in, and he will figure out how to be a better night sleeper soon. I know things could be a lot worse, so we are just kind of riding this right now. 

Whenever he gets in these grumpy moods, all we have to do is put this kid on his playmat and his world is made right again. Case in point...

We were playing with him for a while on our laps... trying to get a good picture...

but no smiles could be found...

ughhh I'm still just sitting on daddy's lap.... boring....

Yipeee!! My friends are here!

Ahhh bliss...


Lately he has been holding on to the rings on his playmat toys, so we put the rattle in his hand to see if he would hold on to it and he did for a while and even shook it around a bit. He has never done that before. I don't think he really knew he was doing it, but hey it's a step!

Trying to look innocent....

Hehe--hands about to go in the mouth


2 comments:

  1. Ahhh he's so wonderful!
    Good talking to you today! Love you, sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He can put his hand in my mouth anyday!! :>) i love him.....AND his parents..!!!
    Hugs. Bebe

    ReplyDelete