Sunday, July 31, 2011

Family visit

Yesterday Jonathan got to meet some more members of his extended family. We were so excited that Aunt Juddy and Uncle Paul and cousins Luke and Austin got to come visit! Aunt Juddy is my dad's sister. They live in NY so getting to see them is a rare event!

My little 45-minute napper took a whopping 3+ hour nap yesterday afternoon, and timed his awakening perfectly with the family's arrival. What a pro. So his 2 hours of wake time got to be maximized with visiting. We of course wish he could have visited for longer but once those yawns start coming and eyelids start drooping, we know it's best to get this boy to bed! 

Aunt Juddy of course already knew all about our lives, being a faithful blog follower :) She kept saying to Jonathan "You never cry. You are always happy," since that is what she gets to see of him on the blog. I try to capture some of the whiny times, but honestly this kid just doesn't have many grumpy times unless he is tired!



The cousins and I determined that we last saw each other 6 years ago. Wow! Luke really only knew of us from the famous picture of Jon and I and Ace that hangs on his refrigerator (along with an untold number of refrigerators across the country...). He kept commenting on what a nice, funny guy Jon is. I guess we exceeded his expectations :)


What a special day for me to get to see my family and introduce them to our boy. I really miss getting to see everyone and am so thankful they took time out of their vacation to pay us a visit! Maybe we will get to see them again before their vacation week is over! Here's a shout out to all the Lanni's: We LOVE you all and miss you!



We just got back from a walk and I couldn't resist showing you some more pics of growing Jonathan! He fits in his stroller so much better now. 


2 comments:

  1. So so glad that got to see him at such a cute age....(i'm just pretending that i am Aunt Judy and i am holding him!!!:>)

    love and kisses to all
    Bebe

    ReplyDelete
  2. LEA. WHAT a great post. Our family is awesome.

    Love you!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete