6 weeks seems like a milestone. I hear/read that 6 weeks is a turning point for when life gets "easier" with a newborn. Nursing should be fully established and coming into a rhythm. Sleep maybe is lasting a little longer at night.
Well, we pretty much have the hang of nursing, although this little man sometimes likes to throw a challenge my way by fussing and fighting during the feeding. The sleep thing isn't much different than it has been, but I'm holding out hope :)
Here are some other markers of Jonathan's 6th week...
-I think we got through another growth spurt this weekend. Definitely more manageable now that I know what it looks like. He had about 2 days of fussy and just not being himself, but I think we are past that. We think he is just getting so so big!!!
| Look how LONG this baby is getting! |
| The elusive smile captured at the end |
-I have discovered in the past week all of the many crevices for dirt to collect on this child. The fatter he gets the more hidden crevices develop. He gets an insane amount of toe jam and I even found some finger and hand "jam." Yuck! Now I am obsessed with cleaning every nook and cranny that I had missed before! Luckily this kid still loves his bath, and he's (hopefully) getting used to my nightly wipe down.
-Jon and I crack up every night as Jonathan is trying to fall asleep. This child is LOUD. For about 20 minutes after he lays down, he grunts and coos and fusses and "talks" to himself. It is hilarious. Luckily we have learned him enough to know that this is just his routine and it does not mean he is actually awake or needs to be soothed. That was a nice thing for me to figure out as it freed me from getting up every 20 minutes thinking he was hungry and trying to feed a sleeping baby! [Kate, your nephew may have inherited this talking-himself-to-sleep thing from you ;)]
-He is quite a talker when is awake too. Betsy, we have officially discovered his first word: "Ah-goooo." Haha :)
| Do you think he looks like me or Jon? I see so much of both of us in him... |
-We have loved LOVED skyping with the grandparents these past few weeks. We had a nice long chat with Gram this weekend. Jonathan really likes looking at the faces on the computer and is just captivated by them. It's kind of nice. We might call the grandparents up for a skype session next time he is fussy because I bet it would calm him down! We joke that we could go on a date and have them babysit over the computer haha :)
What an awesome post....i loved the details of every story. We also LOVED LOVED LOVED the skype...we'd love to do that as much as can. I am sorry that you are still struggling to find out the source of the funny poopies. It will be interesting to hear the result of the "no dairy" test. You are being so patient thru this process and i hope you get some answers soon. When do you go back to the doctor? Thank you so much. we love you so much. Sugar lumps to the kid. :>) Bebe
ReplyDeleteHaha I LOVE that he talks himself to sleep! If I had any doubts before, I know now that we are definitely related. Make sure his future siblings know there aren't any alligators under their beds :)
ReplyDeleteAlso: can't beLIEVE how big he is getting! Mom said something the other day about how he "might be 9 pounds", and I was all, "woman, he was nine pounds before I even LEFT Colorado!" He is so amazing. That last "what're you lookin' at" picture is a riot, too.
Getting excited for this weekend?
Love you!
He is SO BIG!
ReplyDeleteTime to teach him "how big's the baby?"
Yes, cleaning all the crevices is a fun job;)
He is SO BIG! (did i already say that?)
love you all from aiken, sc...
mom