Well, no babies coming out of me just yet, which means I have to find something else interesting to post about. Thought you might like to know some of the projects I've been up to the past few months...
I'm in the works of putting together a post about the whole nursery, which I will post tomorrow. Mom flies in tomorrow and I want her to see the nursery for herself not on the blog hehe.
In the meantime, I thought I would show off a new sewing skill that I am particularly proud of and has truly opened doors for the possibilities of crafting!!!!!
Ladies and gentleman, I have learned how to sew a zipper!
Ta-da! Do you see that right there? That is a custom made boppy cover complete with a working zipper. Now, before you think that my pride is getting the best of me, please let me explain that sewing a zipper is actually quite easy and I am embarrassed that I have not attempted it before but instead resorted to things like hot gluing the unfinished edges of my pillow cases. Zippers are the way to go--cheap, easy, and quick, not to mention nice looking and quite functional!
I'm thinking if this PA thing doesn't workout, I could be a professional boppy-cover maker. What do you think?
So there you have a little sneak preview of the nursery--more to come tomorrow! Get excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment