Jon and I celebrated our 5th anniversary on Friday (Jan 7). Looking back, it is both hard to believe 5 years have already gone by, but also strange to think we have only been married to each other for 5 years. It has been great looking back over these special years together, remembering the hard times and the fun times. We have lived in 3 different places in 2 different states, I finished my master's at Physician Assistant school, Jon is about 6 months away from finishing his Masters of Divinity, we bought our first house, we have grown so much individually and as a couple, we have made new friends, traveled to Europe, did a cross country road trip. Whew! And I know there is so much more I am forgetting! Exciting to think about what the next 5 years will have in store for us. I bet it will mean falling more and more in love with this man who I get to know better every day. I bet it will mean a lot of laughter and fun. And to add to the mix, the next 5 years will probably bring with them a huge sleep deficit, which leads me to the reason for starting this blog....
Baby Buck is due June 3, which puts me at just over 19 weeks. Below is a belly picture for your viewing pleasure (basically the viewing pleasure of this baby's Grandmothers and Aunts :))
This is me at 19 weeks... Jon says I shouldn't wear black for these pics because you can't see the belly as well, but I hope you can get the idea. Next to my belly are the first 2 baby outfits we have--of course the "Baby Tiger" onesie from Kate is on display :)
Being pregnant has been so much fun so far. Now, I don't think I would have called the experience "fun" between 8 and 12 weeks, as I did experience lots of sickness. But since then I have felt wonderful and have LOVED watching my belly grow and feeling this little one grow inside me! At this point I can feel the baby move SOMETIMES, but it is very subtle. The other day at work I felt some true kicks, but usually it is just a squirmy feeling which sometimes honestly creeps me out! Actually the baby is doing the squirming action right now, probably to retaliate for me writing that it creeps me out. Maybe it is just gas though--haha it is still hard to tell! Hopefully the next few weeks I will really be able to feel some kicking and know for sure it isn't gas :)
Well, I'll leave it at that for now. We will try to be good about posting, especially the requested belly pics every now and then. (I am impressed by how easy this has been so far... I even included a picture on my first post which I am very proud about).... Jon and I are a bit bad at being consistent about things like this, but hopefully this blog will be an exercise in consistency. I hope that it serves at the very least as a document that our kids can look back on, as will Jon and I, to remember this crazy time in our lives.
Thanks for being along for the ride!

YES! I can not tell you how happy I was to log on and see this... And, to officially be the first comment on your blog! (I consider myself part of the "Aunt" category.)
ReplyDeleteYou look BEAUTIFUL!!
I miss you! I wish we were together - in the same place - but sharing pregnancy with you has made me feel closer than ever!!
I love you!
E
Hey Lea,
ReplyDeleteThis is a great idea. I look forward to following the progress. I hope you had a great anniversary and we look forward to hearing how your trip goes.
Much love,
Rob
LEA!!! E just told me about this awesome blog. I LOVE it!! And I love you!!! And I love that belly!! yay for babies :-) Can't wait to keep up with your pregnancy on here! love you girl!
ReplyDeleteLea and Jon,
ReplyDeleteWe love your blog! Busy family life makes it hard to keep in touch, but this page makes us feel like we got to go on vacay AND watch Jon (eventually) kick some chess-butt!
Love you guys.
Jim, Angie and the gang
I've added your blog to Google Reader so I can see when you've updated it. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete